Natalia's Lavender Shortbread Recipe
This is an easy, delicate and delicious shortbread that can be made quickly. It's especially good as strawberry shortcake!
1 pound Butter, room temperature
1 cup Lavender Sugar (*see below for recipe)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
4.5 cups Flour, sifted
Preheat oven to 325*
1. In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour, one cup at a time and mix until fully incorporated. Using your hands works best!
3. Press mixture into 9 x 9 inch glass pan and prick top with a fork.
4. Bake on top rack for 30 minutes, then move to bottom rack for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, cut into squares while still hot and dust top with extra lavender sugar.
6. Let cool and enjoy!
*To make lavender sugar, mix 1 Tablespoon of dried, organic culinary lavender buds with 1 cup of white sugar. Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place for at least a week. Lavender buds can be sifted out before using if desired. Use in place of plain sugar in baking for a little something extra!